How Long Does a Metal Roof Last Compared With a Shingle Roof?Jan 31, 2022
While shingle roofs may be less costly upfront, metal roofs are a smarter investment for several reasons. Metal roofs are much more durable, resistant to the elements, and longer lasting than their shingle counterparts. Learn why homeowners prefer metal roofs.
Metal Roofs Offer Superior Durability and Longer Lifespan
Metal roofs provide superior durability because they’re non-absorbent and can handle extreme temperatures with ease. Metal roofs simply last longer than asphalt shingles and other options, requiring minimal maintenance in the process. An Erie Metal Roof will likely be the last roof you ever need to have installed on your home.
Other Advantages of Metal Roofs
In addition to their longevity, metal roofs offer a variety of other benefits for homeowners. Here are some of the reasons to opt for an Erie Metal Roof when you need a new roof installed on your home.
Enhanced Home Protection
An Erie Metal Roof will withstand extreme weather conditions, protecting your home against:
- Hail – Hail is not something a homeowner would want, as it can cause damage to any exposed property. However, a metal roof by Erie Construction will withstand hail and protect your home.
- Fire – Metal roofs are one of the most fire-resistant roofing material options available.
- Wind speeds up to 120 mph – Additionally, metal roofs perform exceptionally well in wind uplift tests. If a storm with high winds is approaching, a metal roof will offer superior protection.
Sustainability and Recyclability
You might also be interested in a metal roof due to the environmental friendliness it offers. Erie Metal Roofs are long-lasting and recyclable, which are both factors that help to reduce landfill waste.
Improved Energy Efficiency
Additionally, metal roofs are more energy efficient than other options. They are reflective, meaning they deflect heat away from the house. As a result, your HVAC system won’t need to work as hard to keep your home a comfortable temperature, which may decrease your energy costs.
Decreased Long-Term Costs
Thanks to its longevity and low maintenance requirements, an Erie Metal Roof incurs lower lifetime costs than shingle roofs and other options. While a cheaper material might save you upfront costs, a metal roof is a much wiser investment in the long run.
You can choose the color and style of your metal roof for a customized appearance. At Erie Construction, the metal roof style options we offer include:
- Metal shingles – Metal shingles provide all of the benefits of metal roofs—including durability, easy maintenance, and energy efficiency—with the timeless appearance of traditional shingles.
- Metal Spanish tiles – If you prefer old-world charm, choose metal Spanish tiles that offer the appearance of clay without clay’s moisture absorption issues.
- Metal shakes – You can also enjoy the charming look of wood with metal shakes, which will be much easier to maintain than real wood shakes.
Have a New Metal Roof Installed by the Experts
Homeowners prefer Erie Metal Roofs for a wide range of different reasons. If you’re looking for a roof that will stand the test of time, a metal roof is a wise investment. Although a shingle roof may incur lower upfront costs, a metal roof will last much longer with fewer maintenance requirements. Plus, metal roofs are energy efficient, durable against extreme conditions, environmentally friendly, and versatile in terms of style.
When you need a new roof, consider Erie Metal Roofs, the all-around best choice for homeowners. Contact Erie Construction to get started.