When the time arrives for you to consider installing a new roof, you’ll love the benefits of choosing metal roofing. As a homeowner, you have several options to consider. You’ll have to consider what fits your style, budget, and your overall expectations. Most decisions are influenced by the material used, how much the material costs, how long it will last, how energy-efficient it is, and how sustainable the material it’s made from is.
When it comes to metal roofing, this option shines in all the different categories of consideration. Metal roofing continues to be one of the top options for homeowners looking to install a quality roof material that will last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance.
Why Choose Metal Roofing
Homeowners have an overwhelming list of options when it comes to selecting a roofing material. Each material comes with its own unique benefits and challenges. It is up to the homeowner to decide what is most important to them when selecting a quality roofing material. Metal roofing provides homeowners with a wide range of advantages that other roofing materials simply can’t provide. These advantages include:
- Metal roofing is perfect for any location because it can withstand some of the worst weather conditions possible. Our roofs are constantly bombarded with heavy winds, snow, hail, sleet, and debris. Metal roofing may be lightweight, but it is extremely durable. It can withstand more damage than competing roofing material options. Metal roofing can withstand winds of over 100 mph. It can also withstand damage that can be caused by debris such as heavy branches disturbed during a significant storm. What might puncture other roofing material will barely create a dent in a metal roof. Metal roofing can also withstand a lot of weight without any worry of buckling. This is great for areas that experience heavy snowfall every year.
- Metal roofing can literally last a lifetime when properly cared for. While it may be more of an initial investment financially, this will pay off through the many years that you don’t have to worry about replacement. Metal roofing often comes with a warranty of at least 50 years, but can last twice as long. Metal roofing is one of the easiest materials to maintain, needing minimal care to remain effective. Other competing roofing materials have an average lifespan of 15-20 years.
- Many homeowners are increasingly concerned with how their home improvement decisions impact the environment. That is why so many homeowners are switching to metal roofing. A metal roof is made of recycled material and can be fully recycled once it is replaced. Building material is a huge contributor to waste in landfills. You can rest assured that your metal roofing won’t sit in a landfill for years to come after you’re done with it.
- Homeowners want to be able to be creative with their home update options. Metal roofing allows for complete customization. It can be adapted to your taste and style with ease. Metal roofing material can mimic the look of other popular roofing materials. If you like the look of asphalt shingles, but you want the durability of metal roofing, you can ultimately have both. Metal roofing is available in a wide selection of colors and styles. Metal roofing is a great option for those considering installing skylights and other home improvement options.
- You don’t have to worry about reinforcing the roof deck when choosing a metal roofing material. Metal roofing is significantly lighter when compared to other popular residential options. This makes the installation process easier, as well as the process of removing it down the line.
- Easy installation. It is easy to transition to a metal roof because the material is so lightweight. Metal roofing can also be installed any time of year, even in the dead of winter. This is because metal roofing doesn’t require the same materials as other roofing styles. Many roofing options require specific temperatures to ensure a successful installation. Metal roofing also doesn’t become brittle like other materials can under extreme temperatures such as winter cold fronts. While winter isn’t an ideal time to install a roof, it is good to know that there is an option out there when necessary.
- Energy efficient. Efficiency is important for any homeowner who doesn’t want to spend more money than they should for proper heating and cooling. A metal roof that is properly designed and installed creates a tight seal between unwanted outside elements and your home. This helps to reduce heat loss and maximize your energy efficiency. This can save you money in the long run on your utility bills. Metal roofing is also a great insulator, which can be especially beneficial in the winter months when you want to avoid the possibility of ice dams and other moisture damage.
- Naturally sheds snow. If you live in an area that experiences significant snowfall in the winter, you’ll love the benefits of a metal roof. A metal roof helps to shed snow easier than other roofing materials. Snow accumulation can cause significant weight to build on the surface of your roof, which can threaten the integrity of the structure of your roof. With a metal roof, the snow will simply slide off once the temperatures rise above freezing.
Investing in a Metal Roof
There’s a reason that homeowners continue to make the switch to metal roofing. Our homes are an investment, and we want to protect that investment as long as possible. A metal roof is a great option for those who want to benefit from a long-lasting roof. Metal roofing provides homeowners with the ability to truly customize the look of their roof, making it unique and personal.
Metal roofing is the best option for sustainability and energy efficiency. The best perk of metal roofing is that it is so easy to maintain. With minimal care, you’ll have a roof that can last a lifetime. If you are in the market for a new roof but want to learn more about your options, don’t hesitate to turn to a professional roofer. They will be able to guide you every step of the way to ensure you are making the right investment.